If you are having “I want to be healthy but I don’t know how to do it” problem, this is our article to solve your question!
Motivation for you to do it
Out of topic, but it should empower you more. Being healthy can:
- Lower your chance of getting many problems! Diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease and many more!
- Make you feel better!
- Increase your quality of life!
- Have more energy to do anything!
What should I eat?
- Fibre rich foods. Fibers, or in particular, soluble fibers can help in digestion and also delay stomach emptying, which can make you eat less eventually!
- Healthy snacks. Eat snacks like mixed nuts, vegetables or even fruits instead of potato chips can help you out.
- Vegetable oils. Vegetable oils are better than animal fats. If you look at ingredient list on the foods you bought, you might find there are hydrogenated vegetable oils and vegetable oils. Hydrogenated ones are not that good.
- Nuts and seeds. The examples are sunflower seeds and walnuts. They have pretty good nutrition, but with high calorie value, eat moderately if you are aiming to lose weight.
- Fish and meat. Yes, they are healthy foods, just don’t eat too much of them, else you might gain weight.
What shouldn’t I eat?
It is not that we want you to not eat them at all, but limiting or decrease the intakes can help you a lot.
- Candy, sugary drinks and pastry. They contain relatively higher amount of added sugars. And these added sugars are refined carbohydrate which can cause unhealthy weight gain.
- Trans fats. It is in some processed foods (Listed as “hydrogenated vegetable oils” normally, or specified otherwise), and known to be bad to health.
- Highly processed foods. Usually these are low in nutrients and high in chemicals.
- High-carb food. Especially if you are overweight or other metabolic problems.
- Fried, broiled or grilled foods. Those are comparatively unhealthy cooking method for food (although they are delicious). They have high calories and together with unhealthy chemical compounds formed during the cooking process.
We wish for your success
We know limiting the intake of unhealthy food is hard, but you can be healthy in return! Good luck! Fighting!
- Kris, G. (2013, January 4). How to Eat Healthy, Lose Weight and Feel Awesome Every Day. Retrieved 8 November 2019, from https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/how-to-eat-healthy
- NHS. (2018, April 27). 8 tips for healthy eating. Retrieved 8 November 2019, from https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/eat-well/eight-tips-for-healthy-eating/
- Steve, K. (2019, July 19). HEALTHY EATING ULIMATE GUIDE: START EATING HEALTHY WITHOUT BEING MISERABLE. Retrieved 8 November 2019, from https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/healthy-eating/