So much food! So little time! And this can easily get you a large tummy in a short time, which is what we frown upon. But if there is a way to make our tummy big, there must be ways to get it small too! There you go, we have several tips down here.
Cut calories intake
No, what we mean here is to cut down intake, not to ask you to skip meals (skipping is not healthy!). Just reduce about 500 to 1000 calories compared to your normal diet intake will do! There is a misunderstanding that reducing calories mean to reduce food intake, just change the food you eat to those with higher nutrient density (which provides more nutrient to your body at a given calorie amount).
Take in more soluble fibers
Eating foods with this can slow down your food digestion, then you will feel hungry much more later, which in turns reduce the food you eat. Also, soluble fibers can somehow decrease the number of calories your body can absorb from a food. Examples are: legumes, oats, flaxseed etc.
Limit carbohydrate intakes
You are still encouraged to take in carbs, just discouraged to take in refined carbs (simple or processed carbs). Refined carbs will only contribute energy and very less vitamin, minerals and even fibers. Try take in carbs from foods like whole grains. *Note: people also call carbohydrates as carbs.
This is the N th times that we are writing to tell you, exercise for at least 150 minutes per week. As simple as walking will do. Yes, it is old and lame, but also the most efficient way to achieve weight loss and improve your health.
Emphasizing on drinking water that much is because they are very important! Drinking water can increase your body metabolism rate and thus may help in weight loss, make you feel fuller for quite some time and reduce belly bloating as well as constipations.
Track your mouth
Quick science fact: any energy that you take into your body and left excess will be converted into fat! No matter they are proteins, carbs or fats!
So you need to track your food intake to check if you are actually having too much calories than you need or not.
There are quite a lot of calculations on internet to calculate your daily energy requirement and also apps to track your nutrient, calorie intake. Just remember to take them as an estimate rather than exact figure.
Have enough sleep
Getting enough amount of good sleep is important for your tummy to be small. There are scientific evidences that sleep deprived people have about 55% more easier to become obese!
Limit alcohol intake
Another science quick fact for your day: alcohols contain 7 calories per gram, and it does not have any nutrition at all!
Now, link it to the points earlier, we encourage you to take foods with higher nutrient density, and also to not have too much calorie intake than your body need.
Now we guess you know what to do next!
Let’s go ahead
After knowing these tips, you are just one step ahead before take out your big tummy! Good luck!
- Adda, B. (2017, January 2). The 30 Best Ways to Get a Flat Stomach. Retrieved 1 November 2019, from https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/get-a-flat-stomach
- Adda, B. (2017, June 4). Why Refined Carbs Are Bad For You. Retrieved 1 November 2019, from https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/why-refined-carbs-are-bad
- Cappuccio, F.P., Taggart, F.M., Kandala, N.B., Currie, A., Peile, E., Stranges, S. and Miller, M.A. (2008). Meta-analysis of short sleep duration and obesity in children and adult. SLEEP Journal.31(5), 619-26.
- Shaun, A.C. (2013, November 7). 13 Flat-Belly Tricks. Retrieved 1 November 2019, from https://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20385798,00.html
- THE EDITORS. (2019, March 13). 16 Ways to Get a Flat Stomach Without Diet or Exercise. Retrieved 1 November 2019, from https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/health/diet-nutrition/advice/g1470/flat-belly/
- https://www.freepik.com/free-photos-vectors/banner”>Banner vector created by macrovector – www.freepik.com