Knee is one of the strongest and important thing among all joints and parts in human body. Losing this will make you feel really hard to do any of your daily activities. And here we have the things you should take note for your knee.
Do and Don’ts
- Exercise. Yes, you may have a knee pain now, but there are exercises that are safe for your knees.
- Keep your weight healthy. We all know our leg part support our whole body weight, and the higher weight you have, the more load you are giving to your knee. Reference to healthy weight? Refer to your BMI now(as in “10 Heart healthy tips)”.
- Use walking aids. Using this may be embarrassing, but it really helps to decrease the load on your knee and keep you stable.
- Use cushioned insoles. It works almost the same way as the walking aids, but you may need to discuss with your physical therapist or doctor to find an appropriate insole
- Avoid high-impact activities.Activities like deep squats, jumping and kickboxing can make your knee suffer or even worsen your pain.
Knee pain diagnosis
We encourage you to see the doctor rather than assuming yourself as doctor. The place of knee pain may vary with structures involved (and there may be different treatments too!).
If you suspect you are having problems with your knee, go to doctors! Doing diagnosis and treatment on your own may not be accurate, it could even worsen your knee.
- Jerry, R.B. (2019, January 30). Knee pain. Retrieved 4 November 2019, from https://www.medicinenet.com/knee_pain_facts/article.htm
- Krista, O. (2012, September 10). What to Know About Joint Pain. Retrieved 4 November 2019, from https://www.healthline.com/health/joint-pain
- Mayo Clinic. (2019, March 7). Knee pain Symptoms & causes. Retrieved 4 November 2019, from https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/knee-pain/symptoms-causes/syc-20350849
- (2013, January 4). 11 Knee Pain Dos and Don’ts. Retrieved 4 November 2019, from https://www.webmd.com/pain-management/knee-pain/knee-pain-dos-and-donts#1
- https://www.freepik.com/free-photos-vectors/woman”>Woman photo created by freepik – www.freepik.com