Almost all of us were taught that getting a baby is extremely easy to back then in our school days. But the reality is, people are thinking it much easier than it really is. And here we have steps to solve your problem.
- Don’t use birth control.No, we are not talking about the “rubber”, but the pills. Women should stop taking birth control pills a few months before they plan to have a baby.
- Check for ovulation. Women usually ovulate about 12 to 16 days before their next period and this is the correct time to have “fun”. If you don’t like counting, there are ovulation predictor kits that can inform you couples about 1 or 2 days before the most fertile period
- “Fun” during the fertile window. The fertile window is the period in which getting pregnant is the easiest. It is a 6-day interval, consisting of 5 days before ovulation and 1 day after the ovulation. Take that period to do it.
- Don’t use a lubricant. Most formulas alter vagina pH value and decrease the mobility of sperm.
After knowing the steps, getting to know the tips can help you couples out too.
- Quit smoking. It can cause fertility problems among men and women. And it is better for women to stay away from secondhand smoke to have a higher chance of pregnancy.
- Quit alcohol. Scientists found that moderate (1 to 2 drinks per day) or heavy (more than 2) women drinkers are harder to be pregnant.
- Don’t do too much exercise. Menstrual disturbance can happen in women who exercise heavily.
- Be ready for pregnancy. Eating a healthy diet allows a future mother to have enough stores of nutrients for her baby.
- Take folic acid. Either taking it from the diet (Such as dark green leafy vegetables, broccoli, and cereals) or from supplements, it is important for women to have at least 400 mcg (microgram) of folic acid before and during pregnancy to prevent birth defects on the baby.
Pray for the best
If you have done everything to ready for your little one, all you need to do is pray for his or her arrival, we wish for your success!
- Lauren, G. (2008, March 18). Get Pregnant Faster: Your 7-Step Plan. Retrieved 6 November 2019, from https://www.parents.com/getting-pregnant/ovulation/fertile-days/get-pregnant-faster/
- (2000, August 27). Getting Pregnant Can Be Harder Than It Looks. Retrieved 6 November 2019, from https://www.webmd.com/infertility-and-reproduction/features/getting-pregnant-can-be-harder-than-looks#1
- Carl, N. (2018, October 23). Trying to Conceive: 10 Tips for Women. Retrieved 6 November 2019, from https://www.livescience.com/44221-how-to-get-pregnant.html
- (2018, Jun 27). Why do I need folic acid in pregnancy?. Retrieved 6 November 2019, from https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/pregnancy/why-do-i-need-folic-acid-in-pregnancy/
- https://www.freepik.com/free-photos-vectors/hand”>Hand photo created by jcomp – www.freepik.com